Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Creature Feature #1

After battling the bugs I am back in phayrie land putting my finishing touches on the catalogue of creatures that inhabit the world of Enshae: Phayrie Dawn. Just this weekend I was banging away at the keyboard outlining the origins, attributes and cultural qualities of a gaggle of creatures including the Enshae, Leviathans, Sentinels, Chimeras and more. There are other, more uniquely named races, but I don't want to include their details here, at least not at this early stage, as I don't want to ruin the surprise.

I have enjoyed coming up with all the different types of beings who inhabit this universe; some are all new creations, others have been with me through a number of creative journeys and have appeared in different guises in a range of unfinished projects. What I am hoping to do is to come up with an interesting and diverse range of characters and races to inhabit this world; exploring them, their worlds, history, culture, science, mythology, religions, politics and more should give me plenty to write about for the rest of my life!

That's the plan. You see, Enshae: Phayrie Dawn is only one of the stories that I hope to tell in this universe. But, I can't get ahead of myself! I still haven't fully formed the idea of what this story is all about, beyond the creation and corruption of the phayrie realm, so I think I better keep my focus tightly on this universe and its story before I start to think of any others!

In future Creature Feature posts I will be giving more detail on some of the beings outlined above...

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home